! ! !
Google
Soul On Fire: My Old Address...

9.14.2005

My Old Address...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Once upon a time I was in the Navy. This is my ship, it is the USS George Washington (CVN-73). I was stationed aboard the mighty G-Dub from 1991-1994, that's right I'm a PLANKOWNER baby! My job was Aviation Ordnance but I worked in G-2 division so I consider myself a Gunners Mate [Guns].

These aren't the greatest pics in the world but I chose them because I was on board at the time the photos were taken, which would have been during sea trials in 1992 or 1993. I had a hard time in the Navy because my Mom was sick throughout my enlistment. But I did have fun, BELIEVE ME I DID.

I am pretty proud of being a veteran, I'll never do anything as hard as the Navy again in my lifetime. If you've never been haze-gray & underway you probably don't know what working hard and long is.

--C.Vet

2 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie said...

You should be proud! And in case you don't hear it enough, thanks for serving!

9/14/2005 11:32 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thank You Biotress.
As a matter of fact that is the FIRST time in 14 years that I have EVER been thanked for being a veteran. So I guess I don't hear it enough...

TRUE STATEMENT

--Chris

9/16/2005 10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top
Top